All About Tanning

No Comments


Good morning

This is a late summer post but I thought you people should know this for future reference or if it still suits you, you can just go ahead and do it!

in this post I'm going to tell you all about tanning
before
during
after

A great body needs a great colour, am I right? ;)

But first of all I'm going to tell what you are going to need, whether you are home tanning, by the pool or at the beach. All the same

Tanning oil or cream
Sunscreen cream
a towel
water and a cold drink filled with ice
sun glasses ;)

Here are the best products I used 
I prefer using tanning oils, creams can be over sticky
1- Carrot: Papaya tanning oil
It suits my skin tone (I have olive skin tone) and when I use this it give me a rose gold kinda tan 
I love it!

2-Coppertone: Tropical blend
This smells heavenly!
this tanning oil give you a brown tan (for those same as my skin tone)

3- Nivea Sun: Carotene tanning cream
it is a carrot cream so obviously give you a bit of orangey tan
sometimes I want this colour but not my top choice

4-Nivea sun: Tanning oil
this product aims for gold tan but the results can be a bit behind

Those are the products I used. I cannot guarantee the results cuz it really depends of your skin tone and its condition at that moment. But to olive skin tones, I say you're good to go!

Before Tanning

this step is the most essential! your whole tanning session depends on it
now, for you to get an even glowy tan you must follow a couple of steps and avoid some other couple of things

to do before:
You MUST polish your skin before exposing it to the sun.
what ever your preferable scrub product is, use it!
give your skin a week of care before tanning, scrub it twice and make sure you keep it moisturised cuz people who skip this step end up with dry skin
dry skin = uneven tan

DO NOT:
shave, bleach or wax your skin before tanning
BIG NO
your skin with be red and sensitive, exposing it to the sun will make it look and feel worse
if you did and didn't know you weren't suppose to, give your skin 24 hours a break to heal before sun exposure.

During

before going out you need to apply sunscreen, you will still get the colour but this will protect your skin.
make sure to spray or apply your choice of cream evenly on your skin
DO NOT put the product on your hand then to the skin, apply directly onto the skin, especially oils.
make sure you give each side of you body the equal time to get the same colour on both sides.
if 30 minutes front, back has to be the same
20 minutes front, back the same.
and so on.

Avoid getting out into the sun during these hours:
11 a.m. - 3 p.m
the sun will be direct and can cause you burns if not even worse
+ you will get headache, nausea - trust me I know :(

Make sure to hydrate yourself occasionally. Drink lots of water, a cold drink would come a long way.

Now for you to see results you have to tan 3 times
first will give you a hint of the colour you want
second it will start to show
third is for the colour to stay on your skin

You'll notice right away after every session how your skin looks like after it cools off the sun.

After tanning

Make sure you take care of your skin and moisturise it.
Dry skin turns into grey doesn't it?

I hope this was useful to you!

Take care.

Love, Nada.

❤️
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments

Post a Comment